Trinity Theological College is committed to continuing in its mission to train people for effective Christian service under these new circumstances. Our primary concern in this context is for the safety and well-being of our students, staff, and all other members of the Trinity community.
A summary of our current response is:
- The College premises, including the library, is closed to all non-essential visitors. Most events have been cancelled and refunds given if necessary.
- We have resumed face-to-face classes as per the standard timetable.
- Trinity staff are continuing to work under appropriate hygiene and social distancing guidelines and have resumed working from Trinity House. A rigorous cleaning schedule is in place.
See below for specific information on these points.
Trinity is prayerfully and pragmatically responding as best we can in this circumstance, and we ask for your support. Please follow Government directives to mitigate the spread of the virus by following proper personal hygiene and isolation guidelines. Please follow Trinity procedures when visiting Trinity House. Please remain calm and prayerfully look for ways you can serve those around you who may need assistance. Above all, please keep your eyes on the one who is Father to us all.
Health & Hygiene
Stay up to date on the COVID-19 situation at the following sites:
- World Health Organization
- Australian Government
- Australian Department of Health
- Western Australia Department of Health
Please do not come to Trinity House for any reason. If you have entered the College premises in the last 14 days and are now presenting with symptoms, please follow our notification policy below.
Most events of the College and associated with the College have been cancelled for the rest of the year. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or 08 9228 9067. We look forward to a time in the future when Trinity can once again host events where people come for fellowship, learning, and inspiration.
We asking all members of the Trinity community to refrain from visiting Trinity.
There is new signage around the building encouraging heightened personal hygiene and social distancing. We are asking everyone who enters the building to abide by these guidelines.
Our staff have enacted heightened procedures around cleanliness of common areas, surfaces, and wet areas. This includes twice-daily (at a minimum) sanitization.
Our Library is open to library members only between the hours of 8:30am and 4:30pm.
For annual members, your membership expiry date has been extended for 6 months (we will have closed the library to the public for 6 months by the end of August 2020).
Trinity@Night and Trinity in Town
If you have any queries about the situation generally with the Certificate in Christian Studies program, please feel free to contact Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 9228 9067.
Information for Students
The Australian College of Theology has some information that may help students at this time.
Students should contact their lecturers or Pastoral Care Group leaders for the most current information about their studies and how our latest COVID-19 procedures will impact them.
Students should contact the Registrar Office for student support services. For pastoral care, students should contact their Pastoral Care Group leader or their lecturers. There are also helpful support options available through the ACT website, for health, telehealth, mental health, and financial support.
Trinity COVID-19 Response Procedure
If a suspected case of COVID-19 occurs on the premises, Trinity has the following procedure in place:
- The person presenting with symptoms will be isolated, supported in accessing health services, and sent home.
- The potentially infected person will be asked to not return to the campus until it is confirmed by a health authority that they are not contagious and are in good health.
- The Trinity Business Manager, who is coordinating the critical response, will call the Public Health Information Hotline (1800 004 599) and seek advice.
- The college will notify students and staff that there is a possible case of infection under investigation.
If a confirmed case of COVID-19 occurs:
- Students, staff, and previous visitors to the College will be notified that the case is confirmed.
- Trinity will liaise with public health services and any advice received will be followed.
- Any persons associated with the college who had exposure to the infected person (i.e. face-to-face contact of 15mins or more or sharing a common space for 2 hours or more) will be asked to quarantine themselves for a period of 14 days.
- The College will be closed for a period of 14 days. Tenants will be advised of the situation.
- Alternative work arrangements will be made to facilitate adequate social distancing of staff and work from home arrangements will be maximally utilised for the period of 14 days.
If you have come into contact with someone who is confirmed of having contracted COVID-19 and/or been diagnosed with COVID-19 yourself and have used Trinity House during the suspected incubation period (approximately 48 hours) please email our Business Manager Joe Triglone at email@example.com or call the College on 08 9228 9067. If you need to call us outside of business hours, you can call the College mobile phone on 0456 713 851.
Remember to also isolate yourself at your place of residence and immediately contact the Health Direct Hotline – 1800 022 222 (24/7), or your usual doctor and inform them of your travel history or contact with a potential case of COVID-19. Please also reach out to your church community for pastoral and practical support.
Please join us in praying for our government, health services, and churches in their sacrificial response to these difficult circumstances. We know that our Heavenly Father is watching over us during this time, and we pray that His peace settles on you all.
If you have any specific prayer needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are putting together a prayer team that will respond to your requests.
Any questions can be directed to our Development & Communications Coordinator, Nat Brown, at email@example.com or 08 9228 9067.