Domestic and Overseas Students
The Master of Theology is an AQF Level 9 course designed to further equip Theology graduates for teaching ministries through research in one area of specialisation. Areas of specialisation include Bible and Language, Christian Thought, and Ministry and Practice.
Who is it for?
This accredited course is aimed at Theology graduates who:
- are already in Word ministry in churches, schools, para-church or mission contexts who wish to deepen their teaching ministry
- hope to teach up to Bachelor level units at Theological or Bible colleges in Australia or overseas
Where will it take me?
The Master of Theology will further equip you in your teaching ministry and can lead to teaching positions in theological colleges in Australia and overseas.
This is a course of the Australian College of Theology.
The Master of Theology is completed by doing a thesis of 30,000 words (96cps).
Upgrading to doctoral courses is not permitted. The Master of Theology can be completed on or off campus or a mixture of these.
The ability to meet with a supervisor face-to-face on a regular basis during each year of supervision is an essential part of the course at Trinity.
Full course information is available in the ACT website.
This course is designed for students who have demonstrated the capacity for research at the appropriate level.
- All Master of Theology (MTh) students must have a 3-year degree in Theology, Ministry or Divinity. They must also have completed a research project and a research methods unit. If student have not completed a project or research methods unit, bridging programmes are available. For more details, please see the ACT Handbook or contact our registrar.
- Non-English speaking background students must have a minimum Academic IELTS result of 7.5 overall with a minimum of 7.0 in listening, 6.5 in speaking and 7.5 in reading and writing.
- Please read the Coursework Course Enrolment Policy to become familiar with the rules and processes for admission to a coursework course of study, and the various outcomes of enrolment in a unit.
- Applicants with non-ACT qualifications should contact the Registrar regarding their eligibility.
How to Apply
Please contact our Registrar for further information regarding applications for this award.