Roy Sarmidi

Long-Term Support for the Gospel

I’m married to Lucy and have two children Abby and Elliot and I have a dental practice in Joondalup. I serve as an elder at Westminster Presbyterian Church Bull Creek where I have been attending for around 30 years. Trinity started as a ministry of WPC Bull Creek, and even back then we could see that there was something good going on! I have been supporting Trinity since then, and around 2016 I agreed to become a Trustee of the College.

I was born and raised in a Roman Catholic family in Jakarta, Indonesia, and while I was doing a lot of religious activities, I hadn’t really put my trust in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour. After learning from the Bible through several more mature Christian  friends, I realised my need of a Saviour to save me from my sins and came to faith in Jesus during an evangelism youth camp during my first university study here in Perth.

I’ve always wanted to deepen my knowledge of God’s Word, so in 2005 I began studying with Trinity@Night. After a long and worthwhile journey, I am pleased to have completed my Advanced Certificate in Christian Studies this year.

I am passionate about teaching God’s Word to others so I’m looking for opportunities to be able to serve God in both my church and other places as needed by doing more teaching-related ministry. At present this means leading small groups and Bible studies in church.

Please pray for a deeper longing to serve Him by ministering to God’s people and by having heart for the lost, in line with the deeper knowledge and understanding of the gospel in my life.

Roy Sarmidi

Back To Top